negg® S.r.l. (hereinafter either negg® or the Society) acknowledges the importance of promoting a positive culture that respects human rights. Our utmost priority is to continually improve in providing a healthy and productive working environment that promotes professional growth of all employees, in accordance with all national laws, international standards set by the ILO and Human Rights (UN), also in respect of all relevant stakeholders.
negg® undertakes to ensure that the principles of CSR are applied by all national and international suppliers involved in the supply chain. For this purpose, negg® commits to ensure the adherence within the internal working environment and the supply chain to these requirements:
• BASIC WORKING CONDITIONS: respect for freedom and dignity of employees and partners.
Namely, all attention is focused on the following:
- CHILD LABOUR: the use of child labour is prohibited;
- FORCED OR COMPULSORY LABOUR: it is prohibited forced or compulsory labour, namely all work or service which is exacted from any person under the menace of any penalty and for which the said person has not offered himself voluntarily;
- HEALTH AND SAFETY OF WORKERS: it is assured the right to safety and health at work. negg® provides a safe and healthy working place, according to D. Lgs. 81/2008, particularly thorough evaluation and management of risks and an adequate training program. negg® has established clear procedures to manage emergency cases which might occur. negg® has appointed the Health & Safety Manager and the Workers’ Safety Officer;
- FREEDOM OF ASSOCIATION AND RIGHT TO COLLECTIVE BARGAINING: negg® acknowledges trade union freedom and the right to collective bargaining;
- DISCRIMINATION: any form of discrimination based on race, social class, nationality, religion, sex, age, birth, disability, parental responsibilities, marital status, trade union affiliation, political opinion and every condition that would imply discrimination is forbidden;
- DISCIPLINARY PROCEDURES: negg® ensures to treat its own staff with dignity and respect. negg® does not support or tolerate the utilization of corporal punishment, mental or physical coercion, verbal abuse. negg® does not permit inhumane or degrading treatment.
- WORKING HOURS AND SALARY: it is guaranteed the right to a decent wage for the workers and a proper working time; negg® ensures the salary amount according to law and applicable collective agreement. The working time shall not exceed in the maximum the one laid down in the applicable collective agreement and agreements with the trade unions.
- EQUAL PAY: it is guaranteed the right to equal treatment between men and women for the same work. Equal opportunity rights have to be respected at the stage of recruitment or resignation and in case of promotion and training. Any form of discrimination based on race, social class, nationality, religion, sex, age, birth, disability, parental responsibilities, marital status, trade union affiliation, political opinion and every condition that would imply discrimination is forbidden.
- ETHICAL AND SOCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM: in the area of monitoring and continuous improvement negg® is committed to:
- Define and constantly update this Policy and apply all the requirements of SA 8000: 2014, as well as all the national and international regulations and comply with international instruments provided for in Section II of SA 8000: 2014;
- Clearly define the roles, responsibilities of human resources within the ethical and social management system according to SA 8000: 2014;
- Regularly review the efficiency of the system and take remedial actions, if necessary, in the response of identified non-compliance and preventive measures in order to ensure continuous improvement;
- Ensure that the entire staff is provided with appropriate training concerning the requirements of SA8000. It shall define an appropriate monitoring system of the efficiency of SA 8000: 2014;
- Select and evaluate suppliers according to their ability to comply with the requirements of the SA8000;
In order to ensure that this policy is understood, applied and supported at all levels of the company and by all the employees, the Management has put in place the following actions:
- Implement an Ethical System in compliance with SA 8000:2014 in order to improve continuously the performs;
- Guarantee that all the employees will be able to have sight of this Policy;
- Meetings of the Management, Ethical and Social Manager, Health & Safety Manager and the Workers’ Safety Officer;
- Periodic training of human resources;
- Disclose to employees and stakeholders, e.g. through publication on the website, that negg® has decided to adhere to SA8000 standard.
negg® wants to emphasize the roles of its own human resources by giving them the task of improving continuosly the quality of their goals and suggesting tools and ideas for the pursuit of this improvement.